What is a Box product?
A product which can be sold as a single unit as well as a Box of x units of that product. For example a T-Shirt can be sold as a single unit or it can be sold as a Box of 10 T-Shirts but in both the cases actual product(SKU) is same. Amicon Tech has implemented this functionality by extending Opentaps.
Box product implementation details
1. In this case item sold as a single unit and item sold as Box are going to have the same SKU.
2. Inventory is common which means if this product is sold as Box of 10 Qty, means customer has ordered 1 Box product so qty that will be reduced from the inventory will be 10.
4. System is smart enough to split the ordered qty into Boxes and Single units. Example suppose customer enters 12 in qty text box for single unit item and adds it to cart then system splits this into to cart line items 1st a box product(box of 10 qty) and 2 qty of single unit.
5. To handle box products we have customized the code at all required places in the order fulfillment process, from Adding such item to cart, Editing cart, Create order, Edit order cases, Packing, Shipping, Dropshipping, Reserve Inventory process, Order (Box)item/s Return etc.
6. Admin can set prices according to business needs for example 1 T-Shirt can be of $49.00 but Box(10 qty) can be priced $450.00, So when system splits such items in Boxes and Single units it applies the prices accordingly.
7. When there is just 1 individual item in cart and when we update its quantity which equals the box item quantity break (for eg. 10 per box), then that item is converted to a box item automatically.
8. When the qty of box item is updated, it implies that the qty is for box items. For example – when a box item qty is updated to 4 from cart, this means user is ordering 4 boxes of that item.
9. When a box item and an individual item is added to order, 2 separate line items will be displayed in the order view page and the box item will be flagged as “Box Item: (Box of x)” in red font(refer snapshots).
10. When we try to update the box item qty by editing the order and put a quantity that is not a multiple of the box quantity break (for example – a box item has 10 units and we try to update it to 15), then we throw and error saying “Cannot update Box Item – 521C03 quantity to 15. The quantity for this Box Item should only be in multiples of 10.” So the box item qty can only be updated only if the new qty is a multiple of the box item quantity break.
11. When there is just 1 individual item in the order and when we update its quantity which equals the box item quantity break (for eg. 10 per box), then that item is converted to a box item automatically.
12. When there is one box item (10 units per box) and an individual item (of 5 qty), and when the qty of individual item is UPDATED to 10, then this individual item is merged with the box item and the order will then show – a bow item of 2 box quantities and the other line order item will be CANCELED.
13. When there is one box item (10 units per box) and an individual item (of 5 qty), and when the qty of individual item is ADDED of 5 qty, then this individual item is merged with the box item and the order will then show 3 order items – a box item of 2 box quantities and the 2 line order items will be CANCELED.
14. When there is just 1 individual item in the order (for example – having 4 quantities), and now we ADD the 4 quantities of same product, then the cart will show 2 line items of 4 quantities each. We DO NOT merge/update the quantity of existing item and it is like in out-of-the-box Opentaps.
15. When there is just 1 individual item in cart (for example – having 4 quantities and this item has a box item which has 10 items per box), and now we ADD the 8 quantities of same product, then the cart should show 2 line items – one box item of 1 qty and one individual item of 2 qty.
B. Checkout Page –
C. Order Review Page –
D. Order Confirmation Page –
E. CRMSFA Order View Page –
F. Warehouse Packing Screen –
G. Order view page after order completion –
H. Shipping option page CRMSFA-
I. CRMSFA Order Review Page –
J. CRMSFA Edit Order page –
Box product implementation has helped a lot of our clients having such requirements in their business. If you have any questions or suggestions then please leave comments i will definitely get back to you.